Friday, August 28, 2009

PAINTPRO

To answer your question- "I've got a question already ... perhaps he can help me out when he gets here.... is there an easy way to match the color paint on my wall that's been there a couple of years. I only need a touch up and really dont know what color I used. Do I have to repaint the entire room??"


You can try to take a small chip from an inconspicuous spot in to a paint store or bring paint cards home and try them against your wall. Most paint stores like Sherwin-Williams have electronic paint scanners that can get close to determining what colors make up your particular paint. The difficulty is that paint fades in sunlight and gets dirty very quickly. Even the paint finish (matte, gloss, semi-gloss, flat) changes over time. Most house walls are painted in a flat paint because it hides defects best so if you're not sure what finish your paint is, that's probably your safest bet. This may be a challenge. If you can get a close match, buy a small sample and try it in a couple of small , inconspicuous areas first. And remember that paint dries lighter. Hope this helps and good luck. I'll be interested to hear what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment